Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Gonna End Soon!!!

Here I am again, after abandoning my blogger for nearly a year. Ah, I knew I'm lazy (lazy to compose proper sentences). Nevertheless, I felt like writing again tonight, to keep as a record of the things I have been gone through these few weeks. 

PS: Please ignore my grammatical mistakes. Just feel like pouring whatever I felt these days.

Everything is over!? Yikes, only part of them is over, yet I'm still very happy as I managed to complete many different types of assignments and projects eventually (though I have to stay up for countless nights and work for them) !! I have completed my waste water lab reports, my fermentation technology presentation and full report, a 1100++ words worth argumentative essays entitled homeschooling, four paragraphs which requires 350++ words each (and each paragraph only worth 1.25 marks =.=), and my 300++ pages Plant Design Draft Report within these TWO weeks!!! Felt so superb after went through all these sleepless days and nights. LOL. 

And today, I felt so so so relaxed as I have just completed my Plant Design Presentation this evening, to my six lecturers from my department and another senior engineer who are invited to join the presentation as examiners. I was so so so tensed up before this, especially the past two weeks, when we have to hand in our draft for this design. All my members are last-minute worker (and I'm one of them also actually >.<), and we have to stay overnight to rush for the drafts for two consecutive Thursday and Friday. I still remembered that I stayed up the whole night for last Thursday till Friday afternoon just to complete the second draft, and I have to rush for my english essay assignment after that part. I can only take a nap at around 6pm and have my very first meal at around 8pm. I bet I was crazy at that time, for able to stay awake for so long. My group member praised me for being able to be cool-minded and point out the mistakes though we're extremely tired. I actually don't know what to reply her at that time. Sometimes you may discover your new limit when you push yourself harder, though this is definitely not a healthy way to prove it.

Back to my topic of the day, I was so clueless before the presentation, as my mind starts to blank out way before the presentation starts. I tried to stuff as many information as I can into my head, and it ends up blanking out -.- When I was at the outside of the meeting room ( the venue where we had our presentation), the previous groups which had already presented started to pour us with questions.

 There's a guy who ask us which area or part that we're going to present. One of my group mate said HAZOP (which is also known as hazard operability study). Then the guy kept up with his question, "What equipment you going to present for your HAZOP?" "Reactor",my groupmate answered. The guy and his members suddenly started waving their heads and said," HAZOP? You going to kena. Reactor? You really going to kena, seriously!" 

I was extremely shocked when I heard about this. I did the reactor PID, and I wasn't confident enough to present about this part. I asked my member to avoid it, but she said that's a lot that she can talk about with my diagram. I didn't know what to do with her, so I just let it be. I told my members we'll just present like usual and tried our best to answer whatever questions that will be delivered to us. 

The door opened after a while. One of my close friend came out with red eyes, and some tears in her eyes. I was astonished and wondering whether the examiners were that harsh. Soon, I adjust my feelings and started with our presentation. It was a smooth one, and of course with lots of hard questions. Few of us tried our best to clarify the examiners' doubts, and I was happy that we din stir much controversy or question for the HAZOP for reactor part. Although I'm not the one presented that part, I was still very happy as my work is fine and none of the control seems out for them. I felt my hard work really paid off at that moment. In fact, we didn't received much questions on our technical parts' instead, the economic evaluation part has caught their attention. I can have no comment on that as we don't really know how to do it, and the costs given by my lecturer has some deviations (We just realized the costs that he provide us is on year 1998 basis =.=).Other than that, we have not much problems, and I actually felt that the examiners appreciate our work, as they mentioned several times that the previous groups did not touch on several things that we have provided, such as heat integration and sustainability of design.

Although there are still many things to be corrected and improved (as we have to take into consideration of examiners' comments and amend our work), I felt so relaxed today, as if I have completed a very BIG project today. LOL. I think it's because of the elimination of stress and fear for this project. My coursemate who presented after my group has sent me a good news too, as she said she heard that the most 'cerewet' Prof told the senior engineer that our group design is not bad. Hahaha, I'm an easily contented girl, the remark of 'not bad' is already very precious to us, not to mention that it's from the Prof's mouth. LOL.

Ah, I just hope that our subsequent amendments can be made smoothly and efficiently. I just wish to finish off this soon and focus more on my FYP. I'm going to spend my last two days of 2013 with finals and my FYP presentation. T_______T 



My PIDs -  which I have spent so much time and effort on them . Have a total of 17 of them. Feel so proud =)




No comments:

Post a Comment